GLGSC is now offering a fun and friendly soccer league. Games will be played on a ProGrass Premium Sports Turf and will feature two full 25-minute halves.
Winter Soccer II Session Jan 5th – March 2nd
- Cost: $960/team, $96/individual
- Monday nights - games at 9:00 p.m., 10:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.(if needed)*
- 8 weeks
- 8 V 8 soccer
- Teams registered by December 31st will receive $50 off the league fee or $100 off if paid in full by January 9th! $100 Minimum deposit required at the time of team registration and $500 due by first game with entire balance due prior to start of third game.
- *Make-up games may occur on evenings other than when the league is scheduled.
Drop-In Coed Soccer
- Contact email@example.com
Soccer is a sport played between two teams of up to eleven players with a spherical ball. It is played by 250 million players in over 200 countries, making it the world’s most popular sport. The game is played on a rectangular field with a goal at each end. The object of the game is to score by using any part of the body besides the arms and hands to get the soccerball into the opposing goal.
The goalkeepers are the only soccer players allowed to touch the ball with their hands or arms while it is in play and then only in their penalty area. Outfield players mostly use their feet to strike or pass the ball, but may use their head or torso to strike the ball instead. The team that scores the most goals by the end of the match wins. If the score is tied at the end of the game, either a draw is declared or the game goes into extra time and/or a penalty shootout depending on the format of the competition. The Laws of the Game were originally codified in England by The Football Association in 1863. Association football (soccer) is governed internationally by the International Federation of Association Football